Have a great idea that can change the world? Stuck on the details or stuck on where to begin? Impact Academy is a 5 series workshop that will provide you with the tools and support to change the world. This course is brought to you by HUB Ottawa and CISED (Centre for Innovative Social Entreprise Development). As the community and communications manager at HUB Ottawa, I help out with the course programming strategy, marketing, and of course, the branding.
There are far too many people out there who go about their day working jobs that they care very little about, then head home and start their evening idea project that can work into the wee hours of the night, not because they have to, but because they want to. The keyword here is want. I am a firm believer that everyone has the potential to work at a job that they want to. Sometimes that means breaking out of the usual corporate model and risking it all to start that idea that you’ve had burning inside you. You’ve heard it before, but here are some words that may help you get started on said idea:
- It is never too late
- It is not how good the idea is, it is how you execute it
- If you don’t take it seriously, no one else will (read: quit your day job)
- If you’re not sure where to start, just pick one thing and do it, the rest will follow
- You’re not the only crazy one, find other entrepreneurs and start a support group
- If you don’t have anyone else to hear out your idea, contact me! I love listening, the first hit is free.
- Stop procrastinating
The first round of Impact Academy will be wrapping up in a couple of days but will be running it’s course again soon. Find out more here and sign up for the mailing list to be the first to know when the next round is.